Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What just happened?

Call it crazy/sci-fi/fantasy/fiction, whatever.

The fact is that I just had a waking dream.

In this dream I could walk around on At first I was just coasting around, suddenly it clicked that I was in a dream and I could do whatever I wanted.

It was a exhilirating experience, I felt very much alive during it.
My heart is still pumping from the feeling of flying(which I did do in the dream)

Some boring accounts of my experience in my totally made up dream world is as follows:
...
I can only remember bits and pieces of it now.

I was with some poly mates. Sitting in some rocking chair thing. Weird, I know.

I was exploring this place. It was empty and barren. This happened a few times, all with different places.

I saw people sometimes. Sometimes they would say something to me, but I couldn't talk to them. I saw a good looking girl too, but when I tried to kiss her she pushed me away :) :(

Sometimes I was doing things to the environment - ripping pieces of the walls, looking through with "x-ray" vision, etc. No one seemed to respond to my vandalism.

I had a encounter with devils too. Perhaps they represented the demons in my heart? How poetical.
I had to come into physical contact with them. They held on and wouldn't let me pass. I prayed to God and suddenly I moved to the next phase in my dream.

Oh yeah there was flying too. I found I could float or just speed whereever I wanted. Cool, like some superhero. I even encountered an evil empire which threatened the planet. But I didn't fight or anything. just spied on their soldiers. There was a heroine in that story too. But as soon as we met the dream changed :(


Why did I think that this was a lucid/waking dream? It was much more vivid. I could recall a lot more. I also was aware, while dreaming, of my real identity. I keep telling myself my home address, thinking of my real room. I could move my physical body while in the dream too (or maybe that was part of the dream?)

Before this dream I was really dog tired. I even fell asleep during Economics lecture earlier on.(not that hard to do - it's Econs). Then, I stayed up even later to try and fix problems with my laptop. By the way, my desktop monitor seems to have blown up this evening as well.

My writing is shoddy and probably full of mistakes. That's because I'm writing in the early morning. I don't know how tired I'll be tomorrow. Aiya it's National day anyway...

No comments: