Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Fun PDA stuff

Having a pda definitely makes my life less dreary during the long hours spent in camp. I can safely say that all those days spent away from home has forced me to find new uses for my handheld. Anyway, here's a list of things I do on my Palm :

Manga
I download manga from websites like this. Then I upload and view them using GrxView. I can fit about 7 volumes on my 256mb SD card, inclusive of all the other crap I put in there.

E-books
The screen on my palm is sufficient to read books comfortably. I use iSilo and Repligo to view my books. Sometimes I put web articles/ guitar tabs in there too.

News
Using Plucker together with Sunrise lets me download web pages/ Rss feeds for later perusal. If you don't know what rss is, think of it as the pure text portion of a web site.

Games
I used to think emulation was dead on the palm, but then I recently found Little John. It can emulate snes/ genesis/ gameboy games at a decent speed.

Blog
At the moment I'm writing this post on my palm. It's the first time I'm trying this, but I should have thought of it earlier. Perhaps now I can add more entries to the site so it doesn't seem so damn dead.

An invaluable tool I use is cardexport, which allows me to access the sd card in my palm directly. It's much faster and more convienient then using the default palm install method.

No comments: